:) The return of my 75 B (:

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: :) The return of my 75 B (:
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 04:31:39 -0500 (CDT)
"It's a thing of beauty" is all I could say, upon my arrival at David
Clark's, Sports Car Services. David did a magnificant job on the
rebuild. I have, as close to, a new drive tran as  I could have ever
wished for. Everything from the oil cooler to the rear axle seals has
been inspected and attended to as needed. If it was a part that wears,
it was replaced. The attention to every detail (ie: repainting the
crank pulley's timing marks and re-etching the oil dip stick marks so I
can read easier) is second to none. We spent over an hour going over
ever detail of the job line by line. I admit I was getting impatience
as of 4/1 when it went over it's completion date but it was worth the
wait and the extra care, time and work that was given on this job is
glaringly obvious. The last thing I'd like to say about Mr. Clark is
that he still takes pride, and has a passion for, his work and these
cars. In the summers you can see him driving around S.E. Vermont in his
MGA which he has owned since '74'.

THE DRIVE HOME: How did I ever live without overdrive? (sorry larry) I
was concerned about the 210 mile run home from shop. Not over 3500 RPM
for first 500 to 1000 miles? Well 3200 in 4th gear overdrive translated
to 70 mph, I can live with that for a couple of weeks. Ran great and
sounded beatiful. I had placed the memory, of how maliphilous the sound
of these engine can be, some where in the back of my mind. I ended up
with an original replacement, mild steel exhaust because, I honestly,
just flat, could not afford any more extras. This was the only
compromise I feel I made but I have no regret. Another great thing
about having an "MG mechanic" work on your car is that they have
accumulated a supply of good used parts that they are happy to recieve
a fraction of the replacement part cost for them. Now all I need is a
job that is condusive to my MG hobby and life will be pretty darn close
to perfect. Thanks for reading this far, Safety Fast, David Deutsch