No LBC content....virus warnings

To: jroverca@tiac.net, pplusb@northlink.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: No LBC content....virus warnings
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 10:52:03 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-13 07:56:51 EDT, jroverca@tiac.net (Ross Overcash)
writes:

<< a virus can only be passed on through an executable
 file, such as one that ends in "exe" or "com".  Additionally the file the
 virus is attached to must be "run" for the virus to execute.  I think we
 have been through this before on the list, not to say we should be prudent
 but I don't believe that a virus can be passed on in the this way.  Any
 thoughts?   >>

I'm no expert on viruses (or is it virus's), but so called Macro virus is
transmitted through .doc files.....our company CEO spread one all over the
world with an attached .doc file to a general message for the troops.  So if
you get an email message with an attached file, beware.

Of course with all the BCH threads, other diseases maybe spread as well!

Terry