FW: stromberg carb

To: mgs
Subject: FW: stromberg carb
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 17:31:32 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Curtis Knox
<knox@NU.CS.FSU.EDU>]]

     Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 09:20:55 -0400 (EDT)
     From: Curtis Knox <knox@NU.CS.FSU.EDU>
     Subject: stromberg carb

   Greetings fellow mgb lovers.......

   i have an old stromberg carb on my 1979 mgb.
   it began running extremely rich some time ago.
   i have put a manual choke control on it, and the
   choke has no effect when fully engaged(or not).
   i think that my carb is running so rich,  this is mute.

   anyway, i have also bought the special carb tool,
   but my book says to use the tool to adjust "to spec"???????

   i have no idea, but i think if i could use this to adjust
   the mixture, i may save myself a new carb? any help??

   also, i have considered buying, a new carb, but:

      o does the new stromber type replacement come adjusted?
        at least mixture wise?
      o i would go to a weber, but i have emission equip,
        and i want to avoid losing my cat converter with
        the needed manifold. is there another option?

   any help is good help, even if only moral support...

curtis