Timing problem?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Timing problem?
From: 246084@ibmmail.com
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 05:44:29 EDT

I have a problem with my 71 BGT.

When I drive to work in the morning if I pull up to lights then the
ignition light comes on, the revs drop to around 500 (sometimes is stalls
at this point) - if it doesn't stall, it then comes back up to 950 and is
fine.

It was pinking slightly the other day so I retarded the timing slightly.

Only being a learner on all this, should I advance the timing again?  Any
other suggestions?

 Extra X400 information begins:
            Originator
                    Name:  Mealors