Re: TC axle straightening

To: bharkins@tfb.com
Subject: Re: TC axle straightening
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 15:18:16 EDT
We have tackled this problem many times. It is not necessary to mount the
king pin, spindle,  wheel, etc. The procedure is first to straighten the
axle so that both lower mounting surfaces are in the same plane and with
their centerlines parallel, so the axle can be checked flat and "square"
on a big surface plate. Then it can be straightened and twisted
appropriately (cold, as you correctly say) to get the proper inclination
and angle of the axle ends. These measurements can be checked by putting
a long 3/4" bar down through the king pin hole and measuring the angles
with a suitable protractor-type device.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center