Re: Pump conversion: how many fuel filters?

To: Nick Benson <nbenson@ci.fort-collins.co.us>
Subject: Re: Pump conversion: how many fuel filters?
From: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:56:48 -0700
Hi Nick,
  I also own a '78 Midget which I have converted to electric fuel pump.
  Mine is a "Carter" brand and came with a lifetime warranty.
  My warranty is dependent upon using an inline fuel filter on the intake
side of the pump.
  The manufacturers must have noticed a problem (Failure) without the
intake filter.
  I am running 2 filters in Betsy. 1 at the carb and the other on the
intake side of the pump. The intake filter is one of those metal
"can-style" ones; since it is under the car and could be struck by a
stone. The carb filter is transparent plastic so that I can see if I have
fuel flow and dirt in the filter.
  Hope this helps.

God Bless,
-Vince