Keep it Simple..

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Keep it Simple..
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@eskip.lwcomm.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 11:18:54 +0000
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 21:35:46 -0600
From: David Councill <dcouncil@inetco.net>
Subject: Re: Tuning Woes

<<SNIP>>

>The moral of the story - stick to the basics. Don't look at the
>exhaust. Check your firing order to insure your spark plugs are
>hooked up right (1,3,4,2), check the insulater on the points post,
>and check the plugs. Redo it if necessary.

I agree totally.  Here's my "stupid story" for the day.  Last week, I
replaced my distributor/points/coil with the "Uitimate Ignition Kit"
that Brit-Tek sells.  Got it all put on, and it ran
terribly--backfiring, no power, etc.  I finally gave up and limped it
over to a local LBC guru, who pointed out that even though I had
correctly remembered the firing order, as well as which lead on the
distributor was to the #1 plug, I had forgotten that the distributor
turns ANTI-clockwise, not clockwise!  DOH!!!!
   At least now I know that my 'B' will run on two cylinders, if it
ever has to again...
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com

Scott Gardner