A sad day in calif.

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: A sad day in calif.
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 14:08:10 -0700 (PDT) (21:08 UT)
:-(  :-(  :-(  :-(

  Tintin failed smog.  I went and did all the recommended tricks:
Cleaned up and adjusted the points.
Re-gapped the plugs to .035
Retarded the timing to 5 BTDC
Leaned out the carbs five flats from colortune white.
Set the idle at 1200 RPM on the tach (It's inaccurate)

The Hydrocarbons were twice what they were two years ago.  The Nitrous
oxide was over, too.
What went wrong?  Did I go overboard?  Was the coil too weak to generate
a strong enough spark at .035 gap?  The HC seemed to wander a lot.

Luckily I asked for a 'pre-test' that was not sent to Sacramento,
otherwise I'd be 'gross polluter' toast.

I get a free retest, I think I'll bring it closer to original spec and
see if I can't get a pass: .024, 10 BTDC, 2 Flats lean, Idle at 1000.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*