Re: everybody's talking-tangent rant-long

To: kdodd@West.net
Subject: Re: everybody's talking-tangent rant-long
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 17:58:16 EDT
On Wed, 23 Apr 1997 14:22:37 -0700 Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net> writes:

>replica a little more accurate.  On the way home I am sad to say the
>top
>was up on my B, I was nursing a severe case of sunburn.

Not to be too mother hennish, but you bring up something that hits home
to me, having a father-in-law that lost most of his shoulder to skin
cancer, a wife that comes back from the dermatologist every six months
with bandaids on several spots, and a few scars myself from dysplastic
("precancerous") mole removal.  My wife and I are no real oldsters,
either, being in our late 30's.

Be careful out there!  We all like to drive with the tops down, and
sunscreen should be a required part of our traveling gear just as a pair
of needlenose pliers or a spare fuel pump.  Both my wife and I have a
propensity for skin cancers because we were severely sunburned in our
youth.  (She is even worse off because of the additional risk factor of
having direct relatives with the problem).

Skin cancer kills, and we can't afford to lose any LBC enthusiasts, young
or old.

Lecture mode off.

David Littlefield
Houston "in the sunbelt", TX