RE: Wanted: rubber bumper MGB GT

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Wanted: rubber bumper MGB GT
From: jim from gburg <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 21:18:24 -0400
someone replied earlier that this model was not set up for a V8
conversion. I would like to correct that. The rubber bumper GT,
1974-1/2, has the same body modifications as all MGB's from 1974-1/2
thru 1976. The only significant (to V8 conversions) change from 1977 on,
was the placement of the radiator.  I say this with some authority, as I
have both a 1974-1/2 GT V8, and a 1977 roadster V8 conversion.  The
1974-1/2 cars, both GT and roadster, have the "V8" body that BL
developed to meet impact and bumper height regs from our wonderful
D.O.T.  They chose to make one body that would accept both V8 & 4 cyl and
meet DOT. This is not to say that you can't convert earlier cars, it is
just easier to do the rb cars. When you find your car, feel free to
e-mail me for parts info or anything else.
jim from gberg
1974-1/2 BGT V8                                                         1977
MGB V8                                                             1974 MG
Midget (not stock)