RE: Oil in Transmission-Midgets

To: "Aron Travis" <atravis@spacey.net>
Subject: RE: Oil in Transmission-Midgets
From: "john ruse" <hologothic@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 97 17:15:29 UT
If we're going for the vote here, I'll put my hand up for hypoid 90.

I've been rebuilding these things for longer than I care to remember and if
they went wrong due to using the wrong oil, then it would cost me!

The fact is, as proved by the responses that you've had, it really isn't that
critical. Go for something different like Penrite 40. Unless you live
somewhere continually very hot or very cold. A gearbox is absolutely nothing
like an engine. In terms of engineering tolerances they are dinosaurs.

john

hologothic@msn.com