RE: Unknown indicator light

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Unknown indicator light
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 20:36:05
Unless a prior owner did some unusual modification I would just make a wild
guess that this is the Brake Pressure Failure warning light.  It should be
part of a rocker switch that is used to test the lamp to be sure it will
light.  Depending on which master cylindar you have in your car (I only say
this because one of the prior owners of my 74 put the incorresct master
cylindar in at some point) the actuall pressure warning switch is either
located as an integral part of the master cylindar or as a switch in the 4
way junction that the lines to the the brakes come from.  To my knowledge
there is no warning light to indicate that you are in overdrive on any MGB,
also I believe (probably wrong) that the overdrive swithc is located either
in the turn signal unit on the left side of the steering columne (it is in
my 74 vand was in my 71) or center mounted on the gear shift (later cars).

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.
http://www.tiac.com/users/jroverca