Re: Installing rear anti-sway bar on 76B?

To: "David K. Knox" <dknox@uga.cc.uga.edu>
Subject: Re: Installing rear anti-sway bar on 76B?
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 15:17:58 -0500
David K. Knox wrote:

> Greetings MG enthusiasts, I recently purchased front and rear anti-sway
> bars for my 76B from a gentleman in California. Sadly, I must admit defeat.

This may not apply to what you have...

I have the ADDCO rear sway bar installed on my '69CGT that I purchased
from Victoria British. It seemed rather odd in that it installs
'backward' to the rear axle. That is, the car/bar hinge points are via
plates that are bolted through the boot wall. The bar mounts just above
the gas tank and against the 'front' wall to the boot (trunk). The ears
of the bar then extend forward to attach to the axle with normal end
links.

I believe that, installed and at rest, the ears to the sway bar should
be parallel to the ground. In my case, the end links were too short to
acheive this so I had to buy a different set -- 4 or 5 inch I think.

Again, if you're not holding an ADDCO bar, this may not apply to you.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT that can't be swayed.