Midget Springs

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget Springs
From: "Mike Ellsworth" <mikeells@alpha.shianet.org>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 09:35:52 -0400
I have a broken leaf, and need to replace the rear springs on my 71 Midget.
The springs are sold by Moss, VB, and others as stock height, 1" lowered,
and 2" lowered. I need to know how they compare to stock, as far as ride
height goes. I realize my 25 year old springs are sagging, (especially with
a broken leaf) and my ride height will be increased with a new set. I
wondered if the standard springs are for the MKIV, rubber bumper, increased
ride height, and the lower springs for the earlier cars, or do they all use
the same springs and raise the  rubber bumper cars some other way? I am
running 165-13 tires, and don't want to get into clearance problems with
lowered springs, but I don't want to increase the height dramatically
either.

                                  Thanks,
                                  Mike Ellsworth
                                  71 Midget