Re: Land Rovers

To: <thomas_pokrefke@juno.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Land Rovers
From: "Mike Ellsworth" <mikeells@alpha.shianet.org>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 15:00:39 -0400
Thomas,

I don't know too much about the early Rovers myself, but my neighbor has
had a couple of them on and off over the years (has a Jeep now). My
impression has been that they are like most other British cars. If your
pockets and patience are deep enough, they are lots of fun, when they are
running. They have at least as extensive parts and repair network as your
MG, with parts houses, magazines, and websites which specialize in them. He
never had a diesel, and that may be a whole other can of worms you are
opening up. They are really cool looking though, and are fun to play great
white hunter in. Daktari!!!
                                           P.S. I would look VERY closely
at why the engine is frozen up, as diesel parts tend to be more expensive
that gas.

                                       Safety slow (in a Land Rover)
                                       Mike Ellsworth