Re: engine/head hardware [Midget/A-Series/1275]

To: mliggett@bluemarble.net
Subject: Re: engine/head hardware [Midget/A-Series/1275]
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 18:35:06 EDT
On 02 May 1997 15:14:11 -0500 Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>
writes:

>barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord) writes:
>> Fine threads on the top end as opposed to coarse threads on the
bottom.

>My heater valve studs are threaded fine on both ends.  Is this
"factory"?

Now you got me thinking (danger mode).

My guess is yes.  It makes sense to me.  Seems like the manifold studs
are also double fine threads.  Personally I can't recall ever seeing
studs used for the heater valve, but then it hasn't been a big item on my
check list.  For as long as I can remember, my MGA has had fine thread
1/4" bolts holding the heater valve.  I do know that the threaded holes
in the head are quite shallow, making it difficult to get the bolts just
the right length to work.  For that reason alone I would think it best to
fit studs for this aplication.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA