Re: Convertible Top vinyl window cleaning

To: "Steven A. McGee, Esq." <samesq@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Convertible Top vinyl window cleaning
From: Sally Schlining <schlining.m.w@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 21:25:18 -0400
Steven A. McGee, Esq. wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>         Haven't seen this thread yet, so maybe it's been a while since it was
> tossed about.
> Any recommendations for cleaning and/or getting rid of the discoloration
> (mild) on the vinyl windows in the tops??
>         I remember hearing of a trick to use oil from freshly ground peanuts
> (no joke) and that this, with a good rubbing, would remove some of the
> discoloration.  Has anyone else heard of this, or have I been breathing
> too many primer fumes?  I also know that Meguiar's makes a spray product
> that supposedly is designed to restore/protect plexiglass and vinyl
> windows, and I would like to know if anyone has tried this product.
>
>         I suppose that if I did rub it with the peanut oil I could cover it
> with chocolate and make the world's biggest peanut butter cup.
>
> Steve.
> '79 Midget, buying stock in Planter's peanuts.
> --
> _________________
> |   Steve McGee,
> |   Atty. at large
> |   samesq@pacbell.net
> |________________
>
>     "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."

To Steven McGee

For vinyl window cleaning, clearing of haze, minor scratches, Eastwood
sells a product called Novus that is outstanding.  There are 3 levels of
"cleaning"  Step 3 is for heavy scratches and heavy hazing and
discoloration.  Step 2 is for minor scratches and hazing.  Step 1 is the
finish and polish.  Our B window with Step 2 followed by Step 1 looked
like glass when done.  The stuff works.  After you get the discoloration
and scratches out, just use Step 1 as your cleaner. NO WINDEX EVER!!!!

Sally Schlining

57 MGA Coupe (in resto)
75 MGB
65 Corvair Corsa Cvt.