Re: Getting a distributor in the right position in a MGA

To: RatiganJ@aol.com
Subject: Re: Getting a distributor in the right position in a MGA
From: dmeadow@juno.com (David C Littlefield)
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 23:24:31 EDT
Joe:-

I had the same quandry when I rebuilt my MGA engine.  Look very, very
closely at both the distributor and the slot it fits into.  In the case
of the slot, if you look closely, you will see that the slot itself does
not cross exactly through the center.  Therefore, there is slightly more
area on one side of the slot versus the other.  The side with the more
area is the "large offset" side that should be uppermost.  Similarly, on
the distributor, the tab does not cross through the center, and there is
more area of the circle on one side of the tab than on the other.  You
MUST line up the "more area" side on the distributor properly with the
"large offset" in the block.

I hope this clarifies.  I don't know if your email can accept
attachments, so I will try to email you separately with a bitmap picture
that will illustrate the above.  Since Juno will not let me send an
attachment, I will be sending it via my Internet connection.

If anyone else can explain this more clearly, please feel free.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX