Steering wheel cowl for '78 B, and idle question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Steering wheel cowl for '78 B, and idle question
From: barry@fountain.net
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 22:36:41 +0000
Since my '78 B didn't come with a steering wheel cowl, I thought I'd
see if I could find one at the upcoming KC swap thing this weekend.  But
I have no idea how much I should expect to pay for one, being still
being a newbie owner ( hey, I did try cleaning the Z-S carb last
weekend, and the car still runs - but more on that in a moment ). Anyone
planning on going that has one, look for the very pre-restoration
red/orange '78 B with the driver with pre-restoration red/orange
hair...and see the rust spots, see the fading paint, hear the rattles,
and opening the hood is not for the faint hearted - but she still gets
me to work each day.  ( Seriously, I do have new tires and a front end
rebuild coming up soon ).

  And as regards my pathetic attempt to adjust the carb, I've actually
got pretty smooth idle - except after running in 4th and stopping, the
engine idles roughly for several minutes before settling down.  And not
always, just about 50% of the time.  I think I remember someone
mentioning something about a difference in air flow in 4th, but I could
have had an email illusion.  It drives and shifts better than it did, so
I *think* I'm close.

  Thanks,

        Barry

  ( Hey, Robert, you going to be there Sat., and aan I give you my
KCMGCC renewal then?  BTW, I'll give a plug for the KCMGCC newsletter.
With my job I almost *never* get to go to local events, but this
newsletter is worth the membership - I'd have been lost this past year
without it.  Just when I needed to play with my Z-S carb, along comes
reprints of Jon Twist's on just that.  Plus, it's new-owner friendly
enough to almost get me to show up to social events! )