Re: British Car Industry

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: British Car Industry
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 00:31:59 -0500
>At 7:04 PM -0700 5/6/97, Aron Travis wrote:
>>Charles Edwards wrote:
>>> Did the Marshall Plan inflict commercial defeat on the British auto
>>>industry?

I guess it didn't have anything to do with the fact that the war sucked up
so many of the island's resouces that the only metal they were able to
produce was an alloy of Velveeta cheese, oleomargerine and used women's
underwear and rusted quicker than a ferret on a double cappuccino. Or that
the idiots at B(PS)L made chimp-hut decisions like losing the IRS on the
original design for the B because it cost too much and they'd lose the
immiediate profits.

Or maybe it was bad industrial espionage. (See "MGA Twin Cam")

Love,
Glenn "Now why should I complain?" Schnittke
No one in Tuna knows what I do for a living.
Why should they care what I say?

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
schnittke@mindspring.com