RUBBER BB BUMPERS & MAIL BOXES

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RUBBER BB BUMPERS & MAIL BOXES
From: Clark Chilton <chill@memphisonline.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 09:48:35 -0600
When I bought my B I was kinda down that the car I found that was
driveable, available, affordable was not a chrome bumper, but that ugly
rubber bumper thing.

Well, last night I learned to appreciate that supple nose when a dog,
intent upon suicide, darted into the street.  I am a dog person (my wife
said something to that effect... or did she say I smelled like a
dog...)  well, back to the LBC content, I spared the dog, but killed the
owners very decorative (read: expensive) iron mail box.

The mail box and I made contact dead center of the B's proboscis (look
it up; it is a snout that bends easily) and became recycled into a large
paper clip under the car.

Bottom line, I had to call a roll back wrecker to get the B elevated off
the box.  The only damage to the car was fixed with Armor All.
God, I love that rubber bumper!

Clark Chilton
80 MGD LE - Cybil (due to the many moods)
96 Black Lab/Border Collie - Courtney
? Green Mail Box/Paper Weight
Neighbor With Tire Marks In The Sod & A Lucky Dog
Helpfull State Farm Agent To Pay Wrecker & Mail Box Bills