Re: worn camshaft?

To: kdodd@West.net
Subject: Re: worn camshaft?
From: britcars@juno.com
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 19:04:12 EDT
On Fri, 09 May 1997 12:21:03 -0700 Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net> writes:

>On the Union Jack thread.  My first "race car"  was a
>Austin/Morris Marina rally car that I painted the bonnet with a Union
>Jack.  Only claims to fame, I too lasted longer than John Buffum.  I
>crashed two miles past the point that his Audi broke.  And Satch
>Carlson rode in my car to get Heinekins after the Pikes Peak Hillclimb.
His
>comment "it really is slow isn't it!"
IMHO, Satch was the next most brilliant automotive writer after Peter
Egan. Does anyone know what happened to him after he stopped writing for
Autoweek? Is he still writing for any other magazine? Were any "collected
works of Satch Carlson" volumes ever published?

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center