Re: British Car Industry-far off the MG topic-long

To: atravis@spacey.net
Subject: Re: British Car Industry-far off the MG topic-long
From: GOFASTMG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 12:56:56 -0400 (EDT)

<< How about the reed valve two stroke?

 (I'm limiting myself to the early '70s as that's when the British
 companies were still trying to compete with the Japanese)

 or to continue with Yamaha RD350 fun facts;
 First motorcyle to generate over 1.5g braking
 First motorcyle to generate over 1.0g skidpad
 both on factory street tires-'out of the box'-so to speak
 or Honda 750-4 fun facts;
 First production motorcycle to have a front disk brake
 First production inline four since WWII (Indian four before)
 Sold over a 100,000 by 1974 >>
<<SNIP>>

You've made my point.

NOTHING in the above list is new. Granted there are new bench marks, and
"improvements"over previous attempts, but still nothing inovative.

And I don't think the 750-4 Honda was the first Production inline four since
WWII. I believe that honor belongs to MV-Augusta.

And the one thing none of the Japanese bike had (or have) is a sense of
history and character. A provence seemingly reserved for the Europeans.

Rick