Carlisle recap

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carlisle recap
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 11:41:07 +0000
Well I must be one of the first ones back from that wet and cold
Carlisle weekend, so let me provide an overview of what many of you
missed. First though, to Charlie Baldwin, thankyou for the MG Online
Badge mention. Wear yours with pride!
Boy, having those faces to go with all the names was great. About
15-18 of us met under the grandstands about 12:30 as planned and I
passed out badges to those who replied to me that they were going to
meet there. Where were Frank Krajewski and John Trindle? I wouldn't
say we're as ugly as a certain car of DD's, but pretty close. I don't
think the love match thread has a chance in hell to succeed here. But
I digress.
Once again, a big thanks to Roger Garnett and Mark B. for hosting our
group. At one point I thought things might get ugly as the group
surrounded DD, but no fur(this should not be taken as a pet reference)
flew and DD survives. We did agree to the following 3 resolutions:
1- No more cat threads
2- No more online romance threads
3- DD promised to be good
I figure if we manage to keep 2 out of the three promises and get back
to more tech, we'll be OK. Can you guess which resolution might not be
kept?

After about and hour we broke up and headed out into the cold for more
bargains. One thing, if you have never been here you are missing the
best car corral going. There were several MGBs, A's, LBC's and forgive
me, one 1981-2 Mazda Rotary that was ofered for $7500. This was the
cleanest RX-7 I have ever seen, black/black with gold wheels and one
owner. Oh yes, only 17,000 original miles! I liked this one white 63 B
going for $5600. It was just done and completed a 10,000 loop around
the country. It sold for $4700! When I got home and I told my darling
gal, she said "why didn't I get it?" Sell our 65 that needs work and
maybe we'd be out $1500 for a fresh restored car! I didn't know what
to say but I may buy next year knowing how she feels.
Since I had that minor fuel pump problem just before I left with the
64 B, I invested in fuel pumps and fuel pump points, about 10 new and
used pumps, including 2 NOS for the MGA and the TD! Oh yes, I also got
that early AMCO center console for the GT project for $10!
Surprisingly, no NOS Pirellis,Dunlops or Michelins to go with the
Minilites on the 64B in evidence.
Hope everyone got what they wanted. See you next year or sooner.

Cheers,
Dave Houser