TR3 Head? (fwd)

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 Head? (fwd)
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 08:10:15 -0400 (EDT)
I sent this to the Triumph list but so far have gotten no response, so I
thought I'd try you good souls.  I know there are some Triumph guys on
this list.  Anyone got any thoughts?  This message is for an e-mail
impaired friend.

Last October I showed him a '60 TR3 for sale from the same guy I bought my
MGA from.  He bought it and is just now getting around to getting it
checked out, inspected, etc. (He's ahead of me with my A actually).
Anyway, it seems the car has a TR3B or TR4 head on it (is this a 2.2 liter
engine as opposed to his 2.0?)  The head doesn't mate properly with the
manifold, and there are vacuum leaks, rich running, rough idle, etc.  What
are his options?  Can this head be made to work?  Could he get a used
head?  Swap the manifold?  Anybody got parts lying around we could deal
for?

Thanks for helping in advance,

Tom

Friend with '60 TR3