Who knows their stuff?

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Who knows their stuff?
From: Douglas Gaither <gaither@ix17.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 97 22:42:12 -0000
I need your help.  I am working on updating my web page (what a =
chore) and I'm trying to offer a little different information than =
your average web page.  My problem is, I can't find these details =
anywhere, even though everyone I know they happened.  If you know the =
answers to these questions, please respond.

=80=80I know that BMC was taken over by Leyland Motors in May of =
1968.  But at that time, BMC had become British Motor Holdings.  When =
did this happen and why?

=80=80When and why did Leyland Motors become British Leyland?  Was it =
when Leyland became nationalized?

=80=80When did Leyland Motors take over Standard-Triumph?  And did =
S-T comprise any other marques besides Standard and Triumph?

My site is going to focus on MGs A-B-C models.  I want to know what =
factory options were available and for how much US$.  I have the =
Original MGB (as I own a B) and it lists what the options were, but I =
don't know how much the costs were.  I have NO detail on MGA options. =
 Any US$ for the above models would be appreciated as well.

I would like to try to show what the original paint colors looked =
like (I know there are inherent color-matching problems and unless =
everything is properly calibrated, I will not get exact colors).  =
Does anyone know of a book or other publication (sales brochure =
perhaps) that had color chips or at least representative colors?

Doug Gaither