Re: Carlisle Ramblings

To: Mark Sherman <MARKSHERMAN@worldnet.att.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Carlisle Ramblings
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@monmouth.net>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 12:26:56 -0400
At 07:48 PM 5/11/97 -0700, Mark Sherman wrote:
>Dear Listers:
>Great to see you all out at Carlisle on Sat.
>Did anyone notice that you (we?) all looked alike? Perhaps its too much
>wind in the hair (face?)
>
>Mark Sherman
>'53 TD (supercharged!)

Mark, this must be the end, if we are beginning to look all alike.  Dave
Houser did a great job with badges, yet I forgot mine from last year,

What a group we were. I got sidetracked during our get together, and didn't
have a chance to talk to everyone. Finally met Terry, and his portable car
albums. Great Cars! The Arnolt is fantastic.

Best thing about Carlisle are the people. Every time I walked the flee
market, I took two hours, one hour of looking at parts, one hour talking to
all the people I know through MG.  Worse part of Carlisle is the weather.
Last year a near tornado, this year the cold. Still the best flee market
around. If Terry can make it from California, anyone East of the
Mississippi can make it.

Bought a lot of junk I don't need, including a 75 Jag ignition switch for
$40, which later turned out to be no good. Oh well.

The MG Council met, to consider locations for 2001. The best thing about
the Council is the way the major North American Clubs are working together.
I see more co-op in the future, and feel somewhat proud of the way I was
involved in its creation. (a very small part, but like Kilroy I was there)

Barbara manned (wommaned?) the NEMGTR table, while I had fun at the flee
market (that's how a marriage lasts 31 years). Our location was next to
John Twist , and he is a delight to spend a couple of days with.

My first sports car in college was a 62 Alfa Gulietta Spider Veloce. Paid
$400 for it in 68, and sold it in 72 for $500. It was in great shape. Well,
there was the same car at Carlisle, that looked like it had spent the last
25 years at the bottom of the sea. When I saw it, my only thought was, God,
I hope that wasn't my car. that's why I don't part with my MGs.

Enough ramblings, hope to see everyone down the road.

Mike Leckstein