Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #653 Wed May 14 12:41:00 MDT 199

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #653 Wed May 14 12:41:00 MDT 199
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 12:31:55 -0700 (PDT) (19:31 UT)
>Barney,
    No, I'm pretty sure Stellite hardness goes all the way to the
 bone.  Before my illustrious career as a Naval Officer, I was an
 enlisted nuclear reactor operator.  Some of the valves in the primary
 cooling system are made of stellite, or as we called it,
 stellite-haynes.  It refers to a specific composition of steel, and
 I think, chromium.  If I hadn't brain-dumped all of my nuke
 knowledge, I could probably tell you what the exact composition is
 that has been trademarked as "Stellite".
 Regards,
 Scott Gardner
 gardner@lwcomm.com
< www.lwcomm.com/~gardner

 WOW! So if we put in stellite valves, we can put a sticker on the car: