Re: No subject/Richard Thompson

To: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: No subject/Richard Thompson
From: miker15@juno.com (MICHAEL J ROBSON)
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 10:09:33 EDT
On Sat, 17 May 1997 08:30:06 -0400 (EDT) Trmgafun@aol.com writes:

><< Does anyone know an English folk singer named Richard Thompson?  Is
>it
> true he wrote a song entitled 'MGB-GT'?
>Yes it's true, I think the CD came out in '94 or '95.  I can't quite
>remember
>the exact title of the song (My Little MGBGT) but it was about his
>MGBGT.
> It's the only CD of his I've ever heard, I happened to run across it
>at the
>library (new releases) a few years ago.  I believe he is English and
>was part
>of a group or dou back in the 80's and this CD is a solo release.

I havnt heard the song in question but i got a chuckle about the
"group/duo" in the eighties - Im sure its true but if you want to go
AAALLL the way back, Richard Thompson was a member of Fairport Convention
in 1968 and did a whole mass of stuff with his wife Linda in the 70s

mike robson
cars from the 60s and 70s and musical tastes to match