Fwd: Tinker toy MGB top

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Tinker toy MGB top
From: SMurphy88@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 21:24:56 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-18 23:32:41 EDT, RJohn50603@aol.com writes:

<< What years was the MGB tinker toy top frame used?

 I have added a GT back seat to my roadster for my daughter. With the top up
 there's plenty of head room, but with the top down, there's not room to sit.

 The tinker toy removable top that's stored in the boot would eliminate this
 problem. >>

I have a 77B and 1 daughter 6 years oldand understand your dilemma. The first
thing I did was remove the top altogether, and add the tinker toy variety.
Fits OK, but seems that the back rail which slides back to "frame" off the
window doesn't quite slide back as far as it should-if you don't like the
fit, you could slightly lower the frame by removing a portion of each "tang"
which fits in the mount on each side. This adjustment nicely accomodates 2
adults and 1 child in the rear, while leaving an option should you get caught
in the rain...

Enjoy...

Scott Murphy
1977B
---------------------
What years was the MGB tinker toy top frame used?

I have added a GT back seat to my roadster for my daughter. With the top up
there's plenty of head room, but with the top down, there's not room to sit.

The tinker toy removable top that's stored in the boot would eliminate this
problem.

R. Johnson - Dallas

'90 Maine Coon
'79 Midget