Need help choosing a paint system

To: MGs@Autox.Team.Net, Healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need help choosing a paint system
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 22:46:57 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings,

A friend of mine (not a lister) came to me to seek help in choosing a paint
system.  I told him that I use a Binks 2001 gun with a standard air
compressor.  Since he is planning to do some painting of his (too numerous to
mention) LBC restoration(s) in an attached garage, he was interested in an
HVLP system which tends to use less paint (less fumes), and which I have no
experience with.  So I told him to type up a question and I'd ask the
listers.  Maybe some of you could take the time to give him some of your
ideas and I will pass them along to him.  Thanks in advance.

Scott Helms

-------------------------------------Joe Carlson's question
below--------------------------------------------

I have several project cars to restore and I plan to paint these automobiles
myself.  Since painting is a major part of any restoration, I want equipment
that is both reliable and gives good results.  This painting would be
attempted in an attached garage area at my home.  Which painting system would
be best for a DIY restorer.  A high quality, high pressure paint gun like
Binks or others, an HVLP gun designed to be used with a standard air
compressor, or should I purchase an entire HVLP system such as ones offered
by TIP or AccuSpray?

Thanks,

Joe Carlson from the Michiana Brits