Re: BC Week, Oil guns

To: "Bill Eastman" <william.eastman@medtronic.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: BC Week, Oil guns
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 17:58:50 -0400
I use a pumper-type hand oiler (can with a trigger) that I bought for a few
bucks at the local auto supply house.  To the nozzle, I attach a length of
plastic tubing that fits tightly enough over the nozzle that it doesn't
leak, and long enough to reach the filler opening on the steering rack.
This works great.  The biggest problem doing this on my Midget is getting
the filler plug back on  the rack because it is so close to the bottom of
the radiator, with very little access for the hand.  Maybe I should modify
the radiator.....?  (Sorry Gerard :) )

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "009"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 ("Resting" the last 10 years)