Mig welding on MGB

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mig welding on MGB
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 97 12:04:56 -24000
I'm planning to do some Mig welding soon, to replace the passenger side
castle/rocker, and reinforce the doors at the vent windows.

For those of you who have done welding on the 'B's I'd like the benefit of
your experince:

First question: what wire did you use? (I have shielding gas)  Do you know
what the alloy the doors/panels are made of?

Second question: What air tools do you recommend to remove the spot welds?
I've heard and air chisel does a pretty good job of breaking spot welds.
I'll drill out welds in delicate areas, but I'd like a method for quick
separation in areas where aesthetics arent' as critical.

Third question: How did you support the side of the body while
removing/repairing the castle and rocker?

I'm sure this has been beaten to death previously, so please reply directly.

thanks in advance for info!

Sean Johnson
'79 MGB