Re: Ripz in da hood

To: Dennis & Stephanie Littrell <dlittrel@northernnet.com>
Subject: Re: Ripz in da hood
From: Ryan Watson <rswatson@nyx.nyx.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 10:15:25 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 22 May 1997, Dennis & Stephanie Littrell wrote:

> Fellow Listers:
> Could anyone share a fairly unobtrusive method of patching a small (1")
> tear in a stock B leatherette hood ?

Dennis,
I patched a tear in my hood using a circular patch that I cut out of an
old headrest (if you have an old hood or tonneau cover that you replaced,
that would be just as good or maybe better) I cleaned the hood and the
patch with isopropyl alcohol, and stuck the patch on with seam-sealer and
then sealed around the patch with another thin bead of sealer. The
seam-sealer is designed to seal the stitched seams in tents, and was
recommended by the local hardware store. You will need to clamp the
patched area between some blocks or something overnight.

It's held up for about a month now, including raising/lowering the hood
several times and a couple of drives in the rain.

Good luck,
Ryan