Re: Is everybody on vacation today?

To: MG Mavens <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Is everybody on vacation today?
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>
Date: 22 May 1997 11:49:24 -0500
"J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu> writes:
> Is anybody else out there?  Or is everybody else out driving their
> cars, with the tops down, while I sit here at work?  :-) Just
> doesn't seem too be many posts today.

I'm here.  I got my '70 Midget running for the first time in a year
and a half the other day.  Last night, I took it out for its first run
on public roads.  It was down to have the head rebuilt, and it's done
wonders for its ability to idle and produce POWER!  I'd never layed
rubber in a Spridget before, and the head was just rebuilt to stock
specs!  Nothing fancy!  The car does have atleast 140k miles, though.
Other things I did were new points, distr. cap, rotor, and of course
valves were adjusted and timing reset when the head was put back on (I
had pulled the distributor, too).

This winter the engine will have to come out and the block will get
the royal treatment.  Hope this one takes just one winter instead of
two.

--
Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com> | Bloomington, IN, USA | '60 Mini
<URL:http://pobox.com/~mliggett/> |    '89 SAAB 900t SPG | '70 MG Midget