Re: Distributor Felt

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Distributor Felt
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 22:41:18 -0400
Aron Travis wrote:

> The oil felt in both my Midget's distributors is gone. Do I have to
> use anything in particular for the felt?
> I was thinking of just cutting a little piece of sponge.

  I just used felt from a child's play things. Cut a little
circle and stuck it in. If you feel like using felt, you can
probably find some around the house on old furniture.

  But...

  Does anyone know what the felt is for? It doesn't seem to
do anything.

  The only thing I can guess is that it is supposed
to hold a drop of oil, and leak it over time onto the top
of the spindle it sits on. A new drop every maintenance check
just keeps the process going.

  Ideas?

--
 /       Trevor Boicey         1992 Celica GT    1975 MG Midget     /