Re: 1275 Midget: PCV valve

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1275 Midget: PCV valve
From: "G.J." <johnsong@is2.dal.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 12:52:06 -0300 (ADT)
On Fri, 23 May 1997, Todd Mullins wrote:

> Full, explicit, and graphic details can be found at the SOL Web Site:
>   ftp://ftp.team.net/sol/PCV.txt
>
> > The PCV valve needs manifold pressure on one side of it. So you would
> > have to plumb the other side back into the log manifold.
>
> And I don't think it's quite that simple, either.  You'd have to make
> sure that you got one with the right sized orifice, the right "rate" of
> opening, and the right vacuum "polarity" (i.e., high vacuum opens it).
> Then you'd have to cobble up connections, and fine someplace to mount it
> securely.
>
> Again, lots of this is hashed out (by several of our esteemed SOL
> forebears, may they rest in cyber-peace) in the URL above.

I just downloaded and read PCV.txt  .   I am looking for a substitute
for the original PCV valve for early HS4 MGB's.  Scott Fisher suggests
using a PCV valve for a 1800cc Toyota truck, and connecting it to the
Carbs. John "just call me Mr. PCV"  Ross  suggests this is fine, except
connect the PCV to the intake manifold.  Sounds good to me. Can anyone
(with authority) suggest a particular aftermarket PCV valve that should be
used?

I can temporarily use the pcv valve from my father's '66 'B,  however...

   / ______/        |   |  Greg Johnson      * See the British Automobile
 /   \   ___        |   |  Biology Dept.            Touring Assoc. of NS
 \     \_\  \  /\ __|   |  Dal. University                     Home Page!*
   \______   / \________|  Halifax, N.S., Canada
          \/
                 www.chebucto.ns.ca/Recreation/BATANS/