mystery tabs

To: cfrazer@oregon.uoregon.edu
Subject: mystery tabs
From: John Bartholomew <jdb70@juts.ccc.amdahl.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 97 14:38 PDT
>Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 17:22:29 -0700
>From: Charlie Frazer <cfrazer@ballmer.uoregon.edu>
>Subject: mystery tabs

>My tonneau cover has two tabs with "lift the dot" fasteners set in them.
>One's on each side of the main zipper in about the middle of the cover.
>What are they for?
>Charlie Frazer
>cfrazer@oregon.uoregon.edu
Charlie,
These tabs are for fastening the tonneau to the floor when the TONNEAU RAIL
is installed. The rail is the bar that comes in two pieces, one inserts in
the other and forms a frame that can then inserted at the rear of each door,
in the rectangular slot that is part of the roof frame fixing/hinge thingy.
With the rail in place stretch the tonneau over the rail and down behind the
seat. Just on the vertical edge of the rear deck, ahead of the battery box
there should be some "lift the dot" posts, just like the one near the center
of the windshield.  The end of the tonneau ( beyond the mystery tabs ) is
folded back on itself, such that the tabs are exposed and the excess tonneau
material is concealed. When the tabs are secured, it is possible to zip the
zipper up (actually down!) and produce a weatherproof compartment (I
think!). Not really much use for anything, but I have concealed items in
there on occasions.  Hope this helps, John.
E-mail jdb70@juts.ccc.amdahl.com  John Bartholomew Amdahl San Jose CA.
408-746-6361 07:00-16:00 PST.  **  USUAL DISCAILMERS APPLY  **
1969 MGBGT;1972 MGB;1976 MGB-RESTORED;1979 MGB; 1974 MGB daily driver.