RE: Transmission Woes - Help Needed

To: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Subject: RE: Transmission Woes - Help Needed
From: "john ruse" <hologothic@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 97 18:16:40 UT
Chris wrote

>Recently completed installation of a new used tranny in my B.
>Immediately upon installation, everything was fine.  After about a
>hundred or so miles, I started noting some difficulty/grinding when
>shifting into 2/3 - either up or downshifting.

Is this animal an overdrive version or not?
There is sometimes a never explained pressure build up in the 'box which
forces oil out of the breather. You'd normally expect a low oil problem to
manifest in 1st though.
Synch ring could be cracked. They're prone to this and it wouldn't show up on
a visual inspection.
To start going wrong after you've just bought something is, ofcourse, one of
the fundamental laws of Sod.

john

hologothic@msn.com