Request tube shocks advice and some culture.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Request tube shocks advice and some culture.
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 14:48:29 -0400
Hello all.

First, thanks for the many answers to my question about my (unused) O/D
switch.  I've decided to someday move to San Francisco, and use the
switch to power the fog lamps I'll have to install.

For this message, please answer me this:

1)  Back in the early '70's, my brother had a little MG sedan which was
later sold as the Austin America.  We were reminiscing about it
recently, but neither of us could place the model name.  Anyone care to
impart a little history?

2)  I've found one of the front shocks on my '74 B leaking.  It'll cost
quite a bundle to buy rebuilt units (leave alone new ones!), and so I'm
thinking I may go ahead and get the tube shock conversions.  Am I asking
for trouble by using tube shocks on the front, while leaving levers on
the rear?  Also, are replacement tubes readily available, (say, a Koni
or Bilstein part) or do they have to be ordered from the LBC catalogs?

Thanks in advance.

 -- Matt Kulka
 '74 B (period)