Re: Colortune

To: trmgafun@aol.com (Scott Helms)
Subject: Re: Colortune
From: il803@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Ralph S. Cadwallader)
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 22:27:09 -0400 (EDT)
> On 4/15/97 David Council wrote:
>
> > I wasnt overly impressed with it [Colortune] because I probably
> > expected more from it. Or maybe its because tuning the carbs is an old
> > habit or ritual or an old art - lifting the pistons, listening to rpms
> > and vacuum, turing the nut. But its still an interesting device.
>
> I agree with David - Tuning S.U. Carbs is another of those
> delightfully arcane arts so important to bonding with your MG.
> Superficial shortcuts are to be avoided as they will stand in the way
> of becoming one with your car.
>
> All you need is 24 inches of rubber tube and proper instructions -
> Anyone interested can contact me with your type S.U. carb and I will
> send all but the tube.

Scott-

The above was my original post. I bought a 48 TC in 1950 when you had to
learn the hard way-- Ran it hard, raced it 52-59--wrecked it--rebuilt
it--ran it hard again and like a jackass--sold it for an offer I
couldn't refuse in 1985. Guess I have been working on MG's for 47 years
and (it seems like) S.U. carbs for 147 years.

Best Regards,
Ralph

Does this qualify me for the sacred order of ROF?

--
Ralph Cadwallader                 Lakewood, OH
72GT  66 4/4  68 FBird            Old age and treachery will prevail.