MG Safety

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG Safety
From: HARTLEY_MC@Acadmn.Mercer.EDU
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 00:18:45 -0400 (EDT)

Did anyone happen to catch the special on safety tonight?  I'm not sure
what channel it was on.  Our cable system just got some new channels and
this was one of them.

Anyway, they discussed safety testing in cars in the early '70's.  They
had a '72 MG-BGT rigged with automatic ride control, anti-lock brakes,
and dual air bags.  They also had some side impact protection that was
well ahead of its time.  Not to mention a speed readout that reflected
onto the windscreen.  I caught only a breif portion of the show, but it
was very interesting.

I'll look at our local listings and get more information about the show.
It's well worth watching.  I'll post a message if it is scheduled to
show again.

Mike

Date sent:  3-JUN-1997 00:11:31