Re: Hood Adjustment

To: wpruitt@charleston.net
Subject: Re: Hood Adjustment
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 17:22:25 EDT
On Tue, 3 Jun 1997 08:07:52 -0400 "W. Warren Pruitt, Jr."
<wpruitt@charleston.net> writes:
>I am having a problem with my hood popping open at highway speed.
>Everything seems to line-up properly. How do you adjust the latch
>(safely)?
>I am worried that I am going to have a head imprint in it soon.
>
>Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
>Warren Pruitt
>Charleston, SC
>'70 MGB

Warren,
The latch mechanism has a groove in the central locking pin - turn with a
screwdriver about half a turn to extend the length - usually works.Also
check that the mechanisms are all engaging - sometimes the bonnet pull
stays open, espoecially if you have under dash guards

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster