The busiest weekend of the year

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The busiest weekend of the year
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 05:44:19 -0500 (CDT)
This is the one, June 7th and 8th. For me it was a choice between a
swap meet in MA, and Lime Rock Raceway Vintage Racing on Saturday (I'm
going to the races).  Sunday, in my neck of the USA is a Rally down
around Philly way, Keystone Region MG Club's Car Show in Hellertown,
PA, a Jaguar Concour event here on Long Island or Brits of the Hudson
LTD.'s "D.A.R.E. to be British" in New Windsor, NY. Since Brits had 3
cars at my local club's show, this passed weekend, they are the logical
choice and New Windsor, NY is my destination on Sunday. I feel strongly
that if a club wishes to have participation from clubs from a distance
then they should make an effort to go the distance to those other area
club's event.

A little advanced notice here: MG Car Club's 17th Annual Vanderbuilt
Concours is August 24th, on the grounds of Vanderbuilt Mansion Museum,
Centerport, New York, overlooking Long Island Sound. Every car entered
(limited to 100) goes home with a plaque mounted photo of their car. If
I had to pick only one event to attend this summer, this would be the
one.

For all you East Coast Folks I have once again updated the events list
covering our area. Available for your event planning needs at
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/deutsch.html   Additional events are
always welcome for posting.
Safety Fast, David Deutsch