MGC 4 Sale

To: "MG cars" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGC 4 Sale
From: "John Hed" <john_hed@wssagw.chinalake.navy.mil>
Date: 6 Jun 1997 07:18:27 U
                       Subject:                               Time:6:56 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          MGC 4 Sale                             Date:6/6/97

I am posting this because I'd love to see this car get a good home.  The
seller has been advertising it in my club's newsletter (he's not a member) for
quite a while and I have driven it and can vouch for it's driveability.  I
probably would buy it if I were not moving soon (to Seattle) and I had the
space to keep it.  Here is the add:

1968 MGC-GT.  29,000 original miles (only two owners).  4-Speed w/OD.  Wire
wheels.  Runs good but needs paint and interior.  No Rust.  Comes with all
kinds of extra parts including:

Complete automatic transmission
Master cylinder
Drums
2 spare doors   A-frames
Master cylinder
Rear end
Seats
Dash and instruments
Used carpets
Maybe more parts in the pile!

Owner doesn't have time for the project.  $3000/OBO  Call Al or Gloria at
(760) 446-4640

I believe the mileage.  The state of wear on key parts tells me it probably
isn't over the century mark.  The car is in Ridgecrest, California, which is
in the desert north of Los Angeles (2 hours) so believe me there is NO rust.
It has been sitting quite a while, but nothing rusts out here.  I have
inspected the body and it is really strong.  However, since it has been out in
the desert sun for quite a while, the exterior paint is shot and the interior
is pretty gone.

I drove the car and it is pretty tight and strong.  The suspension feels real
good (important for MGC).  I peeked at the paperwork in the storage pocket in
the passenger footwell and noticed (and the owner admitted) that it did not
pass California Smog test back in 1992 (I think the last time it was attempted
to be registered) so you Californians might be careful.  However if the State
Bill 42 passes (Vote is soon,  cars over 25 years old will be exempt) you wont
have to worry.

I have no interest in the car... normal disclaimers... It's just that I hate
to see an interesting car like this sit in the sun and not get restored and
used.  What is nice about the MGC (w/OD) is that it cruises so nice on the
highway!  You feel comfortable doing 80 all day, unlike the B.

He started advertising it for $4500 and I told him it was too high.  He's now
down to $3000  (he was laid off and now is trying tostart his own business).
I did some reasearch in Hemmings and saw several comparable sounding cars for
around the same price but these were back east and south and I doubt would
have the rust-free body this has.  Someone please investigate and buy this
before I do and my wife sells me!

John Hed
<john_hed@wssagw.chinalake.navy.mil>
Several "B's" and an "A"