Street Rods

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Street Rods
From: ewsinc@blazenet.net (Charlie Baldwin)
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 18:49:05 -0400
>From the subject line you wouldn't think that there is any LBC content
here but there is - this weekend is the street rod national gathering
here in York, PA at the York Fairgrounds. There are 4,000 - 5,000 street
rods expected. Around 5:00 this afternoon, I was out at a shopping
center on US Rte.30(the main drag in these parts) and noticed a street
rod that was quite a bit smaller than the others. Upon closer
examination, I saw some familiar looking taillights, rectangular glass
ones like the 1950-52 MG TDs have. It turned out the car was a 1948
Austin. Of course, under the skin there was most likely not much LBC
left. Even the skin was very modified with big fender flares to
accommodate the big fat tires and wheels. I told the guy to check out
Moss Motors for new chrome around his taillights, since that was one of
the few areas his car wasn't too good.

Dick Knudsen, co-founder of the New England T Register comes to this
event fairly often since he is also into street rods. Don't know if he's
here this time though.

All the rods will be out cruisin' tonight and tomorrow night on Route
30. Pretty cool to watch.

Anyone out there with a pre-1950 MG street rod?(I think that's the
cutoff year to be in this organization)

Charlie
'52 TD, '60 MGA, '66 MGB