locks

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: locks
From: Jason_Wood@inc.com
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 97 14:46:50 EST
     Success.  After posting an "anyone selling" query to the list about a
     month ago, I am now the proud owner of a 1977 MGB.  Thanks to all who
     cared enough to send suggestions and information about cars for sale.

     Now, a couple of questions:

     Are the locks for the doors and trunk opened by the same key?  Mine
     didn't come with a door or trunk key, so I am unable to lock the car.

     My question is this:  If I were to remove the core to the trunk lock,
     could I have a key made for it by a locksmith (has anyone done this?),
     and, if I did, would that key also work on the doors (assuming, of
     course, all locks are in working condition)?  I know that locking
     convertibles is tantamount to asking for the top to be cut--I'm just
     curious.

     Another question:  Where can I get an official shop manual for this
     '77 B?  Used is fine, and probably cheaper.

     How does one get the plastic fan off the shaft of the electric motor
     that drives it (removed the set screw, still no luck)?  Also, is there
     a conversion to a mechanically driven fan that is relatively cheap and
     easy?  There's plenty of room up front.

     Jason Wood
     77 MGB