Re: MGB wipers don't park

To: larryhoy@juno.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB wipers don't park
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:58:00 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-09 23:37:07 EDT, I wrote:

> Another possibility just occured to me. Right off hand, I can't remember if
>  the switch is driven UP by the cam, or allowed to fall DOWN by the cam
when
>  the motor is in the park position. It may be that the grease inside has
>  hardened, preventing the pin that operates the switch from moving.
Tomorrow,
>  I will go to the shop and check on the spare I have, and get back to you.

Larry:

I just returned from the shop, and checking on the operation of the switch.
It is pushed up to park. This means that if the grease hardens, preventing
the pin from returning to its non-park position, the wiper motor will "park"
where-ever it happens to be when the dash switch is turned off.

After all these years, it is not a bad idea to clean and re-grease the motor
gears and drive-shaft anyway.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/