Re: FAQ needed??? Was MOWOG angered!!!

To: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: FAQ needed??? Was MOWOG angered!!!
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 14:43:36 -0500
Hey Kai,

Kai Radicke wrote:

> Hey Guys I have started a FAQ, about 9 months ago and have recently
> been
> trying to update it.  Sorry the junk on my webpage is old like 6
> months
> old, but I'll upload the new FAQ soon.

I understand that, my page got started then stopped.  UNtil I get some
scanner access, it won't get any real develpoment.

> Input appreciated, I have covered the basic stuff in the current
> (website)
> version of the FAQ like MOWOG, and LBC, and that garbage; but it is
> nothing
> more yet.
> I takes lots of work, I have 18 hours a day for the next 3 months :-)

Great.  I have already heard of at least 3 other FAQ's started  out
there.  Now we just need to pool our resources.  I am going to go full
bore toward the Spridget one going.  It sounds like you have a LBC one
well in the works.

> Yeah the Guys that run the MG Cars Enthusiasts' Ltd. Site are real
> bitchs
> about copyrights, DON'T use anything from thier site, they'll put your
> ass
> in a sling and drag you to England for a public beheading.

Well, it seems that I can contact the original authors and get them to
submit if they want.  I'm sure that there is enought information without
having to use them if thats the case.

> Yup!  They were all over my site the other day and found 1 violation
> of
> copyright, they were correct EVEN though the object in question was
> HIGHLY
> modified by me.

Well, I would question thier rights to do that if it was general info.
Otherwise, as I said above, there is enough input here to ignore them if
there is a problem.  That BBS is an excellent source of information
though.

> Save your self the time, use the AH email List Archives from SOL, I
> think
> it is FTP only.

I already downloaded it and the MG archives, you can browse them also.

> Were ya gonna post the FAQ, I'll be happy to post it on my site.  And
> if
> you need it supply 5MBs of space and an email, but that is later down
> the
> line.

I've got plenty of room on my geocities site for a faq, but I think that
we need to mirror them around.  As I said to do this right, several
people will have to maintain the various FAQ's that car called for.  BTW
I found the Lotus FAQ but haven't had a chance to look through it.

Thanks again, look forwards to working with you on this,

Patton

--
'67 Austin Healey Sprite MKIV
My lame homepage is found at...