Re: since were on this " my Engine runs bad when..." thread.

To: Mike Powell <mpowell@cstone.net>
Subject: Re: since were on this " my Engine runs bad when..." thread.
From: "Vince J. Pujalte" <pujalte@stic.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 23:06:31 -0700
Mike,
  The fuel pump should tick slowly at idle, and tick faster at higher
engine speeds.
  If the engine is shut off with the ignition key in the "on " position,
  the pump will tick until the float bowls are full.
  Then back-pressure should shut the pump off until you start the engine.
  A little fuel pump primer for you; if you'll pardon the pun :).

God Bless,
-Vince
San Antonio